"In you the orphan finds mercy." - Hosea 14:3



Saturday, October 16, 2010

Adoption REFUND?!

Am I the last to find out that the old adoption tax credit is now more than a $13,000 REFUNDABLE tax credit???  I just found this out in an e-mail from the agency I spoke with in Virginia.  This was news to me!  So I checked it out with my accountant sister-in-law and if we are reading all of the IRS wording right, it looks like if you have adopted in 2010 or plan to adopt before December of 2011 then the former tax credit (which few, if any, people every got to use anyway) is now a refund!!!

If anyone has any further information about this, we would be interested to hear.  I plan to call our accountant next week so she can look a little deeper into this.  But if all this is true, then we need to get the word out!  If the government is willing to help this much with the cost of adoption, then it could make a big difference for orphans around the world!

No comments:

Post a Comment